Liquor License Wars

When I tell people about my blog, they usually ask me how wine and law are related. "How connected are they really?" "Aren't you limiting yourself?" "Will you have enough to write about?" One answer is that in a densely populated city like New York, alcohol laws are at work right under our noses—or, more likely, right under our apartments. Every New York establishment that sells alcoholic beverages, whether for consumption on the premises or elsewhere, must obtain a liquor license from the New York State Liquor Authority (NYSLA) pursuant to the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law ("ABC Law").

Read More